Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Funny interview with Darren (B105)

  1. #1
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    LOL, this is a funny interview Darren did the other day on Brisbane's 105 radio on the Kyle and Jackie O show [img]wink.gif[/img]

    http://www.kyleandjackieo.com/interviews.php

    LMAO at Darren doing his Prince Charles impersonation and the way he says Jackass (as in arse!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    [img]eek.gif[/img] at Victoria Beckham singing Insatiable down the phone though!!

    Transcript is here too [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Darren: I think it's like 8 o'clock in the morning here in London and I was
    doing this until sort of 1 o'clock in the morning last night so if I seem even
    more boring than usual you'll have to forgive me.

    JackieO: You're never boring. You've always got the good goss for us Darren.

    Kyle: He's the gossip. He love's it.

    Darren: Lets just get into it.

    Kyle: Well it's the circles that you move in, that's why we think that we always
    get the good goss from you.

    JackieO: Now what in London at the moment cause you're basing yourself there
    now?

    Darren: I have been for the set up of this record. Do you know what honestly.
    I've been so busy I was yesterday I think I was in 3 different countries in
    Europe. I kinda started it at 6AM. I think I was in Copenhagen, then I was in
    Oslo and ended up in London by about midnight. And now I am chatting to you so.
    If there's something sexy going on I don't know about. I've been working.

    JackieO: You have. Now this album I read recently that you went to see a
    psychiatrist and a lot of it came through that.

    Darren: Not True.

    JackieO: It isn't true. I wondered if that was real or not.

    Darren: No and this is fun, keep going I love this thing.

    Kyle: Don't be ashamed. Don't be ashamed. I'm thinking of going to a
    psychiatrist soon.

    Darren: Cause it's not true and you know what besides, I'm sort of quite
    expensive. I'm a lot more expensive than the person I actually paid to see. Ooh,
    did I say that on air.

    JackieO: So but this album is personal though you're writing from personal
    stuff.

    Darren: Oh my god, it's totally personal absolutely look. I spent 2 years of my
    life really making this record. I came off touring 2002 and you know I really
    did take a good look at my life and so I'm not going to lie to you. It's a very
    autobiographical record. But at the same time you know it's a lot of fun. I
    think Popular is an example of that I, I mean it's a clich? but it is a
    reinvention. I worked with some amazing people who I've always wanted to work
    with and the truth is I was completely bored with pop music, completely bored
    with myself, my own image, all of that stuff. So I sort of spent the last couple
    of years you know looking at, looking at all of that and having, having a lot of
    fun, you know shaking things up.

    Kyle: Well with the song, in the lyrics popular where it says I'm willing to
    sleep my way to the top, who did you root along the way?

    Darren: I think it was everyone but you Kylie, I mean Kyle.

    JackieO; You wish he was Kylie.

    Darren: You never return my calls. I don't know what's up with that. I'm not
    offended but you know yeah, pretty much anything I've had to do, I've pretty
    much done it.

    JackieO: I thought you were were going to say pretty much anything I've had to
    do, I've had to sleep my way to get there.

    Darren: Do you remember there was a regurgitator song about this very topic, I
    don't know if we can talk about it on drive.

    Kyle: We can.

    Darren: It was quite funny.

    Kyle: We can. We can talk about anything you like.

    Darren: Moving right along.

    Kyle: Now while you're over there, have you run into any of the Australian
    mafia? You're Holly Valances, You're Kylie's, or anyone else that we know.
    Anyone?

    Darren: God, I love you're sense of humor. Do you know who I see and who I think
    is beautiful is Delta Goodrem. Obviously.

    Kyle: Oh, Delta, we love Delta.

    JackieO: Well see you did the whole Aria thing for her and that was amazing.

    Darren: Yeah, well she's an amazing kid. She sits me down and gives me advice
    about life. I have to keep remembering that she's only 19. She's so talented and
    she's such an amazing person and um she's probably one of my favourite people.

    Kyle: Well what about her boyfriend.

    Darren: Never met him. Never met him.

    Kyle: Me neither. Well I don't want to meet him.

    JackieO: Why?

    Kyle: Cause I just, I worry for Delta, I worry she's going to get her heart
    broken and it stresses me out. So I put him out of my mind. I can't handle it.

    Darren: I wouldn't worry. She's a really really smart. I don't want to call her
    a kid. I swear to god. I see her as an equal and she's so talented Look I
    shouldn't be saying it, but she's working on some pretty amazing music. Her new
    record's going to be incredible.

    Kyle: You know what. I've heard some of the songs off it.

    Darren: Well I, I, I, I've

    JackieO: Listen

    Darren: Well I've seen the video.

    Kyle: Oh damn

    JackieO: Shut up you two.

    Darren: I'm in the video.

    Kyle: Well I only spoke to her 3 days ago when she got out of hospital.

    Jackie: Oh my god.

    Kyle: Well hang around. we're going to be chatting more with Darren Hayes about
    his brand mew song Popular, Brand new album out too. It's out September 13. Hang
    around. More with Darren Hayes here on the Kyle and JackieO show.

    *Plays Popular*

    Kyle: It's the Kyle and JackieO show. We are back chatting with Darren Hayes.
    He's at home in London. He's tired. He's been traveling al over the place. But
    he's willing to chat to us. So he's gotta be still a good bloke.

    JackieO: So what's your place like in London?

    Darren: Let me clarify something. The record company has been putting us up
    here. And when I say us I mean everybody. It's hilarious. I'm living in a four
    story victorian house which sounds posh, but it's me, my manager, her husband,
    their baby, the nanny, my assistant and my dog.

    Kyle: Oh, my god, it'll be like living at the office here.

    Darren: Exactly. But you know I've definitely been here for, it's almost been
    about 4, I guess it's been 4 or 5 months now. Sort of setting up the record. But
    um no, I still have my house in San Francisco. And were coming home in the end
    of september to promote the record so. It's been a lot of travel but it's fun,
    It's really cool.

    JackieO: Did you hear about that poll they did over in the UK and it only came
    out yesterday but it was doing a massive poll on the greatest songs that never
    reached number 1. And on the top of the list, like the number 1 the most, most
    voted for was Robbie Williams Angles. And then number 2 was Savage Garden Truly
    Madly Deeply.

    Darren: I know. That was so cool. You know it's so funny too because friends of
    mine were like yeah, but it went to number 1 in America.

    JackieO: That's what I was thinking when I read it.

    Darren: But still, I mean it's funny because in England with Savage Garden it
    took, it actually actually took a little bit longer for the band really to
    succeed over here and then when the band did, it was amazing. But um, that,
    yeah. It was a great achievement and that was really cool that people still see
    that song. And regard it so highly so thanks.

    Kyle: Have you been inside Buckingham Palace?

    Darren: Do you mean Daniel's new house or the actual.

    JackieO: Nah, the real deal.

    Kyle: The real palace.

    Darren: He has an amazing house. Um. Do you know, I haven't. And um, no, the
    whole royal connection, I meet Prince Charles once, and he didn't invite around
    to the place but he wasn't even sure who I was. Which. The nerve of him.

    Kyle: How Annoying.

    JackieO: I think that's the case when Prince Charles meets pretty much everyone.


    Darren: He was so funny. At one of the party in the parks performances and you
    know and they present it to you like ooh you know, the prince really wants to
    meet you. He gone off. And I was so excited to meet him. And when I met him he
    said and what do you do? And I said I sing. I'm a performer. and he goes really
    will you be performing up there? On that stage? And I thought, you're not really
    a fan are you.

    JackieO; Oh. Don't you hate that. And you believe the hype. You believe what
    their assistants tell you. And then suddenly reality dawns.

    Darren: I still have a vision of him in his boxer shorts. You know dancing round
    the kitchen to Popular.

    JackieO: You haven't been to Buckingham Palace, but have you been to Beckingham
    Palace?

    JackieO: No, but their fans oh.

    Kyle: Are they fans of yours?

    Darren: Lets pt your hand on your heart and just lets feel this moment. They
    are.

    Kyle; Oh excellent.

    Darren: I was on the video shoot for Popular and the make up artist on the shoot
    got a phone call and it was Victoria. And she's on the phone, and they're
    chatting away and she starts singing Insatiable to the make up artist and she's
    apparently a huge fan. I'd heard that they like my music in the past but ha,
    even closer and closer.

    JackieO: You could get there very soon Their huge over there, there just
    massive.

    Kyle: But he has sex with other women Jackie. That guy.

    JackieO: I know.

    Kyle: He's a philanderer. He's a cheating husband.

    JackieO; Now just quickly. I gotta ask about you're film clip with the cops that
    appear in the clip. They are not actors. The guys chasing you are real cops.

    Kyle: What.

    Darren: Oh yeah. We didn't get permits. Which no one told me about to shot on
    Oxford street in London. I mean, the story's really interesting because
    originally we had 20 treatments or ideas from directors to make this video and
    I, none of us liked any of them and we all know I've made a bad video or two in
    the past. So we didn't want to repeat that so I came up with this idea called
    shameless self promotion. You relate to this Kyle

    Kyle: Oh I love this yes.

    JackieO: Right up his alley.

    Darren: And I went to New York and we did it as a test there first where I
    terrified Americans on 5th Avenue and it was hilarious. It was almost like an
    episode of Jackass. And one of the people on that show is a friend of mine, one
    of the cinematographers, so we then, did the shoot here in London, over 3 days.
    Only obviously we ramped it up a bit because we had a couple well I'd guess
    you'd call them strippers following me around with a boom box

    Kyle: Oh. Why can't I go on some of these things.

    Darren: And we didn't, we didn't have permits on Oxford Street and we almost
    shut the whole street down. It was hilarious. The girls were in tears, like the
    police. It was one of those like TV moments, because the crew were telling us to
    just run out the back of this store. So we're running out the fire escape and
    there's all the police going hold it you know and they wanted to arrest us. We
    were there for like an hour trying to get out of it.

    Kyle: They don't even have guns over there. They just run around blowing
    whistles.

    JackieO: Batons

    Kyle: And waving batons.

    Darren: What were they going to do, insult me.

    Kyle: How intimating could it possibly be?

    JackieO: Well there you go, that was interesting. Darren Hayes it's always
    interesting to talk to you

    Darren: It's always good to talk to you. Good luck with the new show.

    Kyle: Oh, thank you, thank you sir. And when you come back make sure you come
    in, we'll put on a Mc Donald's spread that you will not believe.

    Darren: I love it, you've read the the rider.

    Kyle: Darren Hayes, the new song, Popular, of the brand new CD the album, The
    Tension And The Spark. It's out September 13.Darren, we'll see you when you get
    here, my friend. We'll catch you soon.

    Darren: Ok take care bubye


    Janie xx

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Janie [img]smile.gif[/img] I didn't hear it as I was travelling and the radio in the car is stuffed, lol.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member twizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LMAO @ that interview! Thanks for that Janie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I just love his voice and his soh. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    [img]eek.gif[/img] @ VB singing Insatiable! More likely crucifying it. *lol*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •